Friday, August 21, 2015

Reflection paper FISH for July



Fish July
    “. . . He saw the large crowd that was like sheep without a shepherd. He felt sorry for the people and started teaching them many things” Mark 6:34

 
    That was the verse that I thought about very much, when I tried to think about other verses I didn’t picture myself writing a reflection paper for those verses. But for this verse it makes me think quite a lot.

 
    When I read that verse it made me think “when Jesus saw that crowd did he teach them because of self pity or because he wants us to get closer to him.” You may think it’s quite foolish for me to wonder that but sometimes it really gets through my head.

  
    But I know that he taught them because for one reason and one reason only, that’s because he loves us, and he loves us so much that he would want us to get closer to him, learn about right and wrong, and be by his side when we enter His kingdom.

 
     But in our perspective why Jesus thought we were just like sheep without a shepherd, that’s because all of us are lost that do not know who to follow or who to trust, and God just wants us to trust him, follow him in short he wants us to come back to him because to us he is our shepherd.

    What intrigued me the most was when Jesus and his apostles were trying to find some place quiet some people followed them, so it means Jesus didn’t do anything to make those people come to Him, but they came with their own free will.


      
    But why did they come? Was it for food, for a place to rest, or was it just to understand the teachings of Jesus. But no matter what the reason was Jesus still accepted them and taught them about God.

     That’s how merciful God is that’s how he loves us so much so even if we drift apart from God he will always be there waiting for us to come back.

     From now until forever God will wait for his sheep to come back to their shepherd so that they won’t be lost again.

No comments:

Post a Comment