Friday, August 21, 2015

Reflection paper for recollection



Recollection
        When I heard that there was going to be a Cfa recollection I thought that it was going to be like any other recollection I’ve attended boring and big words. But I was happy, saddened and touched.  And the best of all it gave me hope.

        The first talk that I could really relate to in the recollection was entitled “ Who am I”, it was mostly about what I think of myself or what others think about me that’s what I thought at first  but while our discussion continued I realized that it was more than that.

         I realized that I will never find out who I really am until I trust God to tell me who I am in his eyes and who I will be if I just let it all go, surrender to God. 

        During the recollection I was really in a dark part of my life, I accepted the labels that they have given me accepted the me who has changed drastically from a God loving little girl to a girl who’s lost her way to God, I was really ashamed at myself at that time because I didn’t really know who I was anymore.

        But when I attended the recollection for the first time I felt warmth and comfort from my friends and not my family members, when I was assigned at my group I really felt happy because they supported me and I tried to support them back, in the end we were really like a team because we comforted each other, we listened to each other and we had each others back.

      
         When we were halfway the recollection I was feeling a little happy but I knew there was still something missing I knew because I can feel that somewhere in my heart an empty space was still not full, I knew that I had to accept something but I still did not know what.


     While the recollection continued and our main speakers began to talk about the deep stuff of who we want to be or who we are in their eyes, but our speaker mentioned something that got through my heart, it was “Who are you in God’s eyes?”.

     I realized I have been looking at it all wrong all this time, it does not matter what people think or might think about you, what matters is who you really are and no one can give you an answer, because the answer has always been and always will be with God, and he is just waiting for you to come back to him so that you can find out the answer for yourself.

    And in God’s eyes I am his beautiful daughter, I am his masterpiece that is created within his likeness, and I am loved and forgiven by the Lord, even if I had committed sins that aren’t worth forgiving God will forgive I know because God is merciful and loving and all he wants is for his creations to come back to him again.

   And I will come back to him once again.

2 comments:

  1. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

    ReplyDelete